Beginners: (for Phonics Students)
• Daily study for 25 minutes for continuous learning. In this case, the lessons are reinforced every day.
• Integrated Writing and Reading: During the lesson, the students shall be asked to read the alphabets/ words and answer the book based writing activities. Through this, the student can easily memorize the letters/ words learned.
• Spelling tests are highly recommended to make sure that students recognize the combination of letter sounds.
• Sometimes, assistance from parents might be needed especially in cases of low beginner students.
• (Share screen with students)
• Homework might include sentence construction to make sure that there is proper usage of the new vocabularies learned.
• Summarizing passages even in simple sentences is recommended to enhance the skill of the students in organizing their thoughts.
• Longer writing homework shall be given. This may mean students in this level are asked to write essays.
• To have diversity of lesson, other news sites can be used as a source of topic for discussion (e.g. CNN, BBC, Reader’s Digest, Fortune, Forbes, etc.)
• For homework, sometimes students are asked to write their own news articles.